The IT library specializes in collecting Polish and foreign literature related to theatre, and to a lesser extent, related arts such as dance, film, music, and circus.
The collections of the Theatre Institute’s Library can be used free of charge on-site only.
Readers have access to twelve computerized workstations and a Wi-Fi network.
In the Reading Room, there is free access to the reference collection. Other collections are stored in the warehouse and can be ordered using the online catalog or with the assistance of the librarian on duty. The waiting time is approximately 5 minutes. Additionally, the collections of the Studio of Documentation of the Barbara Krasnodębska Theatre are available.
Thematic sections in the Reading Room include:
- Theatre in Poland: almanacs, emigration theatre, ZASP organization, alternative theatres, theatre economy, documentation, and history of Polish theatres (past and present)
- Professor Zbigniew Raszewski
- Pantomime/Television/Television Theatre/Circus
- History of theatre/History of drama (general works and organized by country in alphabetical order)
- Anthropology of theatre/Gender/Theory of theatre/Drama theory/Performance
- Essays on theatre/Directing/Theatre criticism/Theatre reviews/Actor/Acting methods
- Theatre territories: Beckett, Bogusławski, Brecht, Brook, Chekhov, Dejmek, Grotowski, Grzegorzewski, Kantor, Lupa, Leon Schiller, Shakespeare, Stanisławski, Swinarski, Warlikowski, Wilson, Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz, and Wyspiański
- Theatre building/Theatre technique/Stage design/Fashion
- Music/Opera/Musical theatre
- Cabaret/Theatre spectator/Polish Radio theatre/Child and theatre; theatre pedagogy/Puppet theatre
- Drama: the collection starts with anthologies and then the books are arranged alphabetically by authors
- Theatre magazines